To support and take the leadership of problem solving process and tools for QUA (dedicated to the 5 first Ds of an 8D) or R&D/Reliability & robustness issue. As an expert trouble-shooter (D0 is-is not, D1 by default part of an 8D team) he/she has the ability to question what information is missing to describe well the problem (D2), to support containment actions implementation (D3), to know what are the technical supports needed for the root causes analyses and take the lead of the corresponding AEU resources (D4, GD&T Experts, Material Experts, Lab capacities or Product Lines R&D/QUA Engineers), to support corrective actions choice and implementation (D5).
Responsibilities & Activities
- Accountable for the right application of the 8D process
- Lead of high priority investigations & problems solving teams by managing all concerned AEU resources and interfaces of the Autoliv Product lines.
- Responsible for the professional application of 8D tools and method (IS IS NOT, 3x5xwhy) and Six Sigma tools
- The flexibility and straight availability is the key role to support right first time in case of unknown or potential new critical concerns.
- By “go see and fix” at the Gemba ensures fast growing skills, knowledge and experience
- Responsible of the technical customer/supplier (internal/external) communication when technical investigations should be presented.
- By continuous learning it is ensured by the Six Sigma Certification and a strong link to the AEU Product Reliability and Robustness and Project Quality pillars.
- Moderate the VIR / 8D follow up part of the VIR Board
- Provide Problem Solving training
- Be part of the AEU Product Reliability and Robustness Team exchange meetings
- PhD, Bachelor and/or Master degree in scientific research or engineering domains such as : Solid Mechanic, Metallic Materials, Non-metallic Materials, Chemistry, Engineering science, etc.
- 5 years experience minimum in Automotive Industry and preferably in Quality, Development and / or Engineering. Being familiar with development process
- Understand general product function and manufacturing process
- Understand QUA tools (8D, 5Whys, 6sigma, etc.)
- GD&T (minimum Level 2)
- Understand tolerance stack up (2D/3D)
- Understand IQ FMEA
- Moderate VIR / 8D review Board Sessions
Personal characteristics enabling success:
- Smart thinking/good perception & judgment
- Good communication skills
- Resistant for stress when presenting complex topics in front of customer/supplier
- Intercultural competence